On 7/8/10 12:50 PM, LW White wrote:
The difficult part is taking the EDD and putting in your formatting
rules. Once you do that it works great. Also, you can convert a flat
document to structured. I've played with that, and once you figure it
out its golden. Though for a single document, it would be easier to
simply open the FM files in Structured FrameMaker and add the structure
there.

Scott

> Hi Mathieu,
>
> Frame ships with a DocBook structured application. ([Frame installation
> folder]\structure\sgml\docbook\app) which includes the EDD and a starter
> template. So, what you would do is basically open your DocBook files using
> the DocBook structured app, which is called something like DocBook 2.1. (When
> you open the file, Frame will detect the DOCTYPE declaration for the doc and
> display a window where you can select the structured app you want to use to
> open it.) You may need to do some clean-up and you'll need to edit the
> template to give the docs the look and feel within Frame that you want. You
> might also need to edit the rules if you have any roundtripping requirements
> that they don't already cover. Although the EDD is already created for you,
> you might also need to edit it, as it not only defines the structure but also
> "matches" each element within context to the appropriate Frame format. If
> you're going to use Frame at all for this, then yes, you must use the
> structured vers
io