Hi Andreas,

while a) should be relatively easy to fix (my only question in this regard would be if it's okay to just add missing tools to `componentregistry.xml` at this point?)

We also need an interface.

i'd like make a suggestion for b): how about importing all relevant interfaces into `CMFPlone.interfaces` so it'd be possible to always import all interfaces used to look up tools via `getUtitlity()` from there, no matter where they're originally from?

-1

We can't import everything into a single namespace. There are a lot of gray areas here (e.g the placeful workflow tool, the lesser-used tools from CMFEditions), and it doesn't solve the problem for third party products.

Certainly, I don't think we should further explode the CMFPlone.interfaces namespace. Perhaps we could have some kind of "helper imports" module somewhere else, but I can't really think of where.

The good news is that most CMF tools are in Products.CMFCore.interfaces; the other ones are more specific, like some of the i18n tools. I think we ought to think closely about the interfaces in PlonePAS, though.

Martin