Hi Andrea et al,

I made this film from MRI scans.
https://vimeo.com/123047040

_________________________________
Phantom Limbs 2015 (Reed O'Beirne)
Description: A cameraless film created from animated MRI scans to evoke an enveloping world of light breaking upon the mind. Peering deep into our psychic home, Phantom Limbs engineers a link between inner space and the human spirit. Set to music by Seattle band, St. Kilda. Runtime: 2:50

Previous Screening History for Phantom Limbs
Oaxaca Film Fest [Mexico] (Oct 2015) – Winner Best Experimental Film
Oxford Film Festival [USA] (Feb 2016)
Experiments in Cinema v11 [USA] (Apr 2016)
Seattle International Film Festival [USA] (May 2016)
San Francisco Frozen Film Festival [USA] (Jul 2016)
Seattle Transmedia & Independent Film Festival [USA] (Jul 2017)

https://www.emeraldreels.com/phantomlimbs.html
_________________________________

To create it, I composited scans from MRI DICOM files into a 3D object that I then animated to create this exposition of inner space. I had a snowboard accident and after a somewhat difficult surgery and recovery, I wanted to makes something for myself out of the medical data. Originally, my plan was to make a 3D printed sculpture, but that turned into this film instead. And to round out the film, I used some open source DICOM files in addition to those of my knee.

I'd be happy to tell you more, if that's your cuppa tea?

Talk to you later,
reed

--

Reed O'Beirne