There are dozens, no, hundreds of “essential” films for artists to see. But
here are three I might use: Stan Brakhage, “Dog Star Man,” Robert Breer, “A Man
and his Dog Out for Air,” Phil Solomon, “The Secret Garden.”

--Bill Wees

From: FrameWorks [mailto:frameworks-boun...@jonasmekasfilms.com] On Behalf Of
Donal OCeilleachair
Sent: March 27, 2015 1:43 PM
To: Experimental Film Discussion List
Subject: [Frameworks] What are the 3 Essential Films that you would show
Artists on their first foray into the Moving Image Realm ?

Dear Frameworkers:

I am working on a new film project with the Ealaíontóirí Mhuscraí
(that's Irish for the Muskerry Region Artists Group)

Part of the project will involve film / video making workshops where I will show
them works from experimental film, creative documentary and artists' moving
image works
as a point of reference and inspiration for their own initial explorations
into the realm of the moving image

I am compiling a short-list of 'Essential' works to show them during these
workshops
and I would appreciate responses to the question:
'What are the 3 Essential Films that you would show Artists
on their first foray into the Moving Image Realm ?'

I look forward to hearing any suggestions

Le míle buíochas (with many thanks)
--
Dónal Ó'Céilleachair
www.anupictures.com<http://www.anupictures.com>