It's not meant to be McClure loud.  It was just 16mm optical track after all.

At 22:10 -0500 27/02/17, Jonathan Walley wrote:
Thanks Chuck, and thanks also to Pip, Scott, Steve, and Esperanza for their insights. I think tomorrow's screening will be do-able. My only real frustration at this point is how quite the DVD track is. Maybe I've been watching too much Bruce McClure, but I remember The Flicker as bring pretty loud. I'm hoping I can give the rather thin track some oomph when I patch into the sound system of our projection booth.