>From the All_Easy_Cookin_Recipes group...

~~~~~

No Knead Bread

3 cups flour (all-purpose or bread flour)
1/4 tsp. yeast (yes, that's right, only 1/4 tsp.)
2-1/2 teaspoons salt
1-5/8 cups tepid water
Cornmeal, wheat bran or extra flour as needed

In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast and salt. Add water and stir until
blended; dough will be shaggy and sticky. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let
dough rest at least 12 hours, preferably about 18, at warm room temperature (70
degrees). The dough is ready when its surface is dotted with bubbles. Lightly
flour a work surface and place dough on it, sprinkle it with a little more
flour and fold it over on itself once or twice. Cover loosely with plastic wrap
and let rest for 15 minutes.

Using just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to work surface or to your
fingers, gently and quickly shape dough into a ball. (My experience has been
it's just too sticky to shape into a ball.)
Generously coat a cotton towel (not terry cloth) with flour, bran or cornmeal.
Cover with another towel and let rise for about 2 hours. (I did this step only
once -- the dough stuck to the towel. So now I just put the dough in a lightly
sprayed bowl and cover with plastic wrap.) When it's ready, the dough will be
more than double in size and will not readily spring back when poked with a
finger.

At least a half hour before dough is ready, heat oven to 450 degrees. Put a 4
to 6-quart heavy covered pot (cast iron, enamel, Pyrex or ceramic) in oven as
it heats. When dough is ready, carefully remove pot from oven. Slide your hand
under the towel and turn the dough over into the pot, seam side up; it may look
like a mess, ,but that is okay. Shake pan once and bake 30 minutes, then remove
the lid and bake another 15 to 30 minutes or until the loaf is beautifully
browned.
Yield: One 1-1/2 pound loaf.

I adjusted this recipe so that I could make an herb/cheese loaf. The changes I
made were to add in addition to the bread flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and
1/2 cup rye flour. I also increased the water to 1-3/4 cups. The herbs I added
were: 1 tsp. garlic powder; 1 tsp. dried oregano; 1 tsp. dried sweet basil; 1/4
tsp. tarragon; 1/4 tsp. dill; 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup grated
Romano cheese. I didn't change anything else.

I used an oven thermometer that signals when your roast is ready to keep track
of the internal temperature of the bread while baking once the lid is removed.
When it reaches 205 degrees, it's done.

Rhonda G in Missouri

Owner of a_place_for_chatting_and_friends
Owner of Rhondas_Recipe_Exchange

All are looking for new members!!!