Isaac Richards wrote:

 > It'd be nice to integrate this into the distribution, but I won't do that
 > unless the build process is integrated properly -- ie, using
configure, etc.

nah, the plugin currently does not work that well. if I manage to get it
working properly, I might push for including the code in freeamp
releases, it's not in that state right now.

Maybe it would be OK to check code in ZIP file into CVS anyway? Somebody
could pick up where I left, if anything.

 > It shouldn't be hard at all, just check out how the existing plugins
decide to
 > get built or not in configure.in..

Actually I do think that unified make is not way to go.
As you mention going 3.0, the major wish would be to get plugins / the
various parts of freeamp work - AND BUILD - as independently as
possible. So it would enable various "integration" parts that only build
under exotic configurations to be developed more or less independently
and then plugged in.

--
Valters "WaTT" Vingolds
... self improvement is masturbation. self destruction might be the answer.