kabutor wrote:
> Now it compiles right, the problem should be a borked copy of OGRE, the
> new CVS just updated works fine, a problem at the moment:

They're removing some cruft from the API right now, 0.15 should be a good
sync point again.

> mkdir -p /usr/local/share/games/freebooters/harbours/
> mkdir -p /usr/local/share/games/freebooters/tiles/
> mkdir -p /usr/local/share/games/freebooters/graphics/
> mkdir -p /usr/local/share/games/freebooters/sprites/
> mkdir -p /usr/local/share/games/freebooters/sound/
> mkdir -p /usr/local/share/doc/freebooters/
> install ./data/freebooters.conf /etc
> install ./graphics/*jpg /usr/local/share/games/freebooters/graphics
> install ./data/harbours/[a-z]* /usr/local/share/games/freebooters/harbours
> install: «./data/harbours/CVS» es un directorio
> make: *** [install] Error 1
> ---------------------------
>
> Same with:
> install ./data/tiles/[a-z]* /usr/local/share/games/freebooters/tiles
> install: «./data/tiles/CVS» es un directorio
> And:
> install: «./sound/CVS» es un directorio
> and:
> install: «./doc/CVS» es un directorio
> :D

Thanks, I'll fix this in the Makefile.

> And then checked the tiled and it works fantastic, I got an error while
> changing tile:
> ---------------------
> center none none noneheightmap2.png
> TerrainSceneManager: Activated PageSource Heightmap
> Error loading texture terrain_detail.jpg. Texture layer will be blank.
> 0.394775 30
> seatravel: ../../../OgreMain/include/OgreAxisAlignedBox.h:197: const
> Ogre::Vector3* Ogre::AxisAlignedBox::getAllCorners() const: Assertion
> `!mNull && "Can't get corners of a null AAB"' failed.
> Abortado
> ---------------
>
> So it seems its missing that image somewhere, but maybe its an Ogre
> error, dont know really.

Please copy the terrain_detail.jpg from the Ogre terrain samples over
to materials/
I didn't want to include it in CVS, as we need a GPL version for that.

> Need something done or a hand with something?

It would be nice if we had a little terrain demo for 0.2.2. We would
need five tiles:

              north
      west    center   east
              south

All heightmaps beside the center one should have solid terrain heightmaps
that make it impossible to leave the outer tiles, so for the west tile it
should for example look like this: (* means land and blank means water
and | is the connection to the center tile.

***********|
**         |
*    ***   |

Therefore the player could freely sail around the mini world.
This would be a nice demonstration of the the inter island travel, before
we add tiles for the whole caribbean sea for 0.3.

It would be great if you could create five heightmaps like this. I'll work
on integrating the harbours in the tile descriptions next.

Cheers,
        Moritz