[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Darren Pilgrim wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Gray, David W wrote:
Is that a 48*6* or a 48*7*??? You MUST HAVE a floating point emulator if
you don't have a '487
(also known as a '486 overdrive), or no boot. I'm at work, so I don't
know if we still ship
the emulator(s), but you need it.
That might be it. How to add FPU emu support to the 6.2 kernel? (or is it available up to 5.2?)
I would try to boot 4.11-R before investing any more time trying to boot 5.x or 6.x. Legacy support is still intact in 4.x and, if it does boot, you can provide complete dmesg and pciconf outputs.

What is this? It caught my eye.

    npx0: 387 emulator

Proof that the computer has no FPU and is therefore not supported by 5.2 and numerically later releases.