In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Christopher Masto writes:
: I found that the only message printed was "ready to power off".

bingo.  looks like we're not deleting the child.  Try replacing that
for loop with something like:

        pccarddev = devclass_get_device(pccard_devclass, slt->slot);
        device_get_children(pccarddev, &kids, &nkids)
        for (i = 0; i < nkids; i++)
                device_delete_child(pccarddev, kid[0]);

It isn't quite right, but if it works then I know the right fix.

Warner