On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 12:39:01PM +0000, Alex wrote:
> I vote for:
>
> - IPv6 and the tools to go with it (Yoshinobu Inoue)
> - Better laptop (PC card) support, possibly Cardbus (Warner Losh)
> - Improved soundcard support: right now newpcm is broken in a number of
> ways (Cameron Grant), possibly new MIDI (Seigo Tanimura)
> - Reorganised source tree (e.g. filesystems must go into /sys/fs, etc.)

*BUT* we have no commitment on how much time the volunteer developers of
these items can give in the next X days.  With out time estimates, how
long do we wait??  It is simply a fact of live in a volunteer project
such as FreeBSD the scheduling that many of us are used to does not work.

Holding up 4.0-R in face if this, just isn't useful.

--
-- David    ([EMAIL PROTECTED])