On 2000-Jan-12 07:58:12 +1100, Brooks Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I think that's why IBM has jumpers on some of their disks that limit
>them to 2GB.  I can't see why else you would want to take a perfectly
>good 8GB+ disk and use it as a 2GB drive.

The volumes probably mean it's not cost-effective to either continue
to produce smaller older technology drives, or design a new small
drive.

>  Of course, some of them may not even tolerate that much space.

AFAIK, the BIOS in my Toshiba T1850 won't allow anything bigger than
130MB.  Getting FreeBSD into my current 80MB isn't fun (and the major
reason it hasn't been updated from 2.2.5 - I can't cut 3.x down far
enough to fit, and -current is even larger).

Peter