On Tuesday,  1 February 2000 at 16:08:44 +0100, Eric Jacoboni wrote:
> Max Khon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> actually instructions are wrong.
>> you can't build xinstall before `make buildworld' now with old libc.
>
> I have to do buildworld _first_, then build xinstall _without_
> cleaning, then make a installworld.

I've been trying to build a world for a week now.  It's not as simple
as that.  I can install the new libc with an old version of install,
then build xinstall and install it, and I still get these errors.  On
one occasion did a complete installworld (less xinstall) with the old
version of install, but the next make world (with new xinstall) still
failed.  I'm investigating, but something else seems to be wrong.  My
best guess is that the C library isn't being built correctly.

I'm also getting:

  $ rlogin localhost
  /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: rlogin: Undefined symbol "rcmd_af"

  Feb  1 12:14:59 panic ntpd[96]: ntpd 4.0.99b Tue Feb  1 05:21:28 CST 2000 (1)
  Feb  1 12:14:59 panic /kernel: cmd ntpd pid 96 tried to use non-present
sched_get_priority_max
  Feb  1 12:14:59 panic /kernel: cmd ntpd pid 96 tried to use non-present
sched_setscheduler

I've seen a message that this last is related to POSIX threads, but I
haven't had any confirmation, and that should be mentioned somewhere
UPDATING.

Greg
--
Finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP public key