On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Alexander Langer wrote:

> Thus spake The Hermit Hacker ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
>
> > ===> lib/libcom_err/doc
> > install-info --quiet  --defsection="Programming & development tools."
>--defentry="* libcom_err: (com_err).        A Common Error Description Library for
>UNIX."  com_err.info /usr/share/info/dir
> > install-info: unrecognized option `--defsection=Programming & development tools.'
> >         Try `install-info --help' for a complete list of options.
> > *** Error code 1
>
> > Source tree is as of Feb 1st, so only 24hrs old, but I don't recall seeing
> > anything go throughthe list concerning the above ...
> > Help? :)
>
> As obrien suggested:
>
> cd /usr/src
> make -k installworld
> make installworld
>
> works.
>
> For short:
> The old install-info didn't know this new option.
> go to
> /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/texinfo/install-info
>
> and install the new isntall-info (make clean all install)
>
> and then restart make installworld.
>
> Everything is fine then.

I wasn't sure where ot find install-info, so I went to
/usr/obj/usr/src/.. and did a 'find . -name install-info -print', and it
found one:

atelier# cd /usr/obj
atelier# cd usr/src/
atelier# find . -name install-info
./tmp/usr/bin/install-info

And copied that in place (thinking your logic above), and that didn't
work...this was before emailing the list, which was before the reminder
about -k

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org