Hi,

I have had no success in booting -current with the new loader. I can boot
the kernel directly by entering 1:wd(2,a)/kernel at the boot prompt.
However if I enter either 1:wd(1,a)/boot/loader (the default) or
1:wd(2,a)/boot/loader I get the loader started but the kernel won't boot.
The the second case commands like source and ls don't work unless I set
currdev=disk2s1a: and then it works. I have tried setting rootdev to lots
of things but the kernel _always_ tried to mount wd1s1a as the root
filesystem. It seems to ignore the rootdev flag. The kernel has been built
with "config kernel root on wd2" but even this is ignored.

The only solution I have is bypass the loader all-together, but I really
wanted a splash screen :( Or possibly use config to make my second disk
appear as wd1 instead of wd2 (not tried yet because I consider it an ugly
hack).

Cheers.
        .     | John Saunders  - mailto:j...@nlc.net.au            (EMail) |
    ,--_|\    |                - http://www.nlc.net.au/              (WWW) |
   /  Oz  \   |                - 02-9489-4932 or 041-822-3814      (Phone) |
   \_,--\_/   | NHJ NORTHLINK COMMUNICATIONS - Supplying a professional,   |
         v    | and above all friendly, internet connection service.       |