:>
:>     I am also comitting some very strict KASSERT checking to try to catch
:>     the problem earlier.  Everyone running 4.x kernels should add the
following
:
:Ahem, would you kindly define 'everyone'?

    Anyone, everyone, everybody, all ... any individual using the -4.x
    kernels needs to understand the highly experimental nature of said
    kernels.  Turning on INVARIANTS is just plain smart.   For many
    reasons but I will give you the top two:

        * The sanity checks could save your disks when someone
          commits a major mistake.

        * The sanity checks make it easier for bugs to be found and
          fixed when they do occur.

    -4.x is just getting on its feet, nobody should be shipping
    product with it for a while ( if they are, they are insane ).

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <dil...@backplane.com>
:>     options to your kernel config:
:>
:>      options         INVARIANTS
:>      options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT