:
:i have 'ed' driver and mine blows up as well.
:
:panic: found dirty cache page 0xf047ae60
:Debugger("panic")

    Ok, so much for if_de being the cause.

    BTW, for anybody who doesn't want to wait for us to find the
    bug, you can comment out the MADV_FREE code and that should
    put a stop to it.  The MADV_FREE code isn't broken, but it seems
    to cause the bug to occur which is why *I* haven't commented
    it out - I'd rather find the bug.

    Also, update your kernel trees and turn on the INVARIANTS options:

        options         INVARIANTS
        options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <dil...@backplane.com>

:
:btw, i'm hardly 'stressing' this machine it's a k6-233+96ram and
:i'm running X and doing a 'make release'
:
:Is it safe to enable crashdumps on IDE disks yet?
:
:-Alfred

    I don't know.

    I wasn't aware that there was a problem with crash dumps on
    ide disks.  There shouldn't be.