On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Soren Schmidt wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I have three hosts with -current, all with the new ATA in function.
> > Booting the same kernel produces different results on all of them wrt
> > root file system mounting:
> >
> > - one reports 'changing root device to wd0s3a'
> > - one reports 'changing root device to wd0s3a' followed by 'changing
> > root device to wd0a' and continues flawlessly
> > - one reports 'changing root device to wd0s3a' followed by 'changing
> > root device to wd0a' and panics with 'cannot mount root file system (2),
> > err 22'
> >
> > All motherboards are equipped with the PIIX4 IDE controller. If I need
> > to supply the dmesg output and/or configuration, please let me know. All
> > three hosts have FreeBSD on the first disk (on different disk locations,
> > though).
>
> Hmm, could you mail me the output of fdisk & disklabel from those tree
> machines, with indication of how they behave ??
>
> I'm unable to reproduce those errors here, but this might bring the
> details I need to figure it out...
>
> -S?ren

Ever going to help with my atapi-fd problems? I found examples of the
corruptions, including lots of NULLs...

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 gr...@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ \ _ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___)___/___/