"Kevin J. Rowett" <krow...@rowett.org> writes:

> The central issue of keepalives is that, for one machine, they don't
> create a significant load.  Multiplied by the number of machines on
> the Internet, it can become a problem.

No offense, but that is the most ludicrous assertion I've heard since
Slobodan Milosevic claimed that all those bedraggled people streaming
across the Albanian border were actually actors being paid $5.50 per
day by NATO.

Hint: If everybody turned on TCP keepalives, what percentage of the
traffic on Internet backbones do you think would be keepalive
packets?

Jim Shankland
NLynx Systems, Inc.