Hi Mike,

> I like the idea of an option in bsdinstall, but I don't think it is necessary
> to check the storage type.  It could simply default to noatime.
>
> I think we should automatically use noatime on SD card images (where
> bsdinstall
> doesn't get used).

One of the perhaps unappreciated point and advantage of having 'noatime' as the
default is to avoid the complexity of both special casing based on media type
and having to configure the different applications that can mount partitions
(depending on your uses, there isn't only '/etc/fstab').

Thanks and regards.

--
Olivier Certner