On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 10:22:48AM +0200, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> Had a very bad night after upgrading my main machine from a September-based
> current to a -current as of yesterday, for many, many of the programs
> running on that machine i got an error message like

Peter removed the stdio transitional aid for older -current systems.
This means that older 5.0 libraries are no longer compatible with the
new 5.0 libc, and you will need to recompile everything that depends
on them.  4.x applications (i.e. things that link with libc.so.4)
should be unaffected.

This is a required change for 5.0-RELEASE.

Doing a 'make world' followed by 'portupgrade -a -f' should be
sufficient to rebuild everything correctly.  Alternatively, I'll have
new packages built in a few days, and you could just reinstall your
packages with those.

Kris