At 11:40 AM -0700 10/29/02, Raymond Kohler wrote:
I'm now a stable user, and I'm considering moving to current to
get a jump on upgrading and help with the testing effort.
Note that -current is a much wilder place than -stable.

I have some questions about its performance:

1) How is the speed compared to stable? I remember it being just
too slow some months ago and was wondering how it was improving.
Seems OK to me.  Note that it's using a newer version of gcc, and
that definitely takes longer than the 2.92 version on -stable.  So,
if you do a lot of compiling then -current will definitely be slower
for you.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]