> I'd like to see people other than you, I, and Matt discussing this.
> Other people who use this feature of IPFW that have an opinion one way
> or the other should speak up.

I must admit being a bad boy - I'm using ipfw for firewalling and
accounting: "log" rules for catching bad guys (and I'm not caring for a
limit there as I'm preferring a DoS by crashing the firewall over someone
getting through unnoticed) and the counters for accounting (that's why I'd
like to have some "read and reset" function so I can milk them without
dripping too much).

Achim