-security stripped

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

:In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Yoshinobu Inoue writes:

:>(2)What is the goal of the restriction?

:To isolate people in the jail from the "real" machine and from
:other jails.

What does jail do that chroot doesn't?  I've seen several discussions on
jail on -hackers, but no explanation of why it was implemented, or how
it's different from chroot.

Jamie Bowden

--

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
        -Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)