[ getting off-topic, redirected to -chat ]

According to Thordur Ivarsson:
> ??? I thought SITA used some parts of the OSI model for their data
> transmitting system, I installed such station here in Iceland 10 years
> ago and the technician told me that it worked very similar to radio
> amateur packet, AX25, which is OSI model application.

For the SITA network probably but not for air-ground communications. Nothing
close to a datalink is operational right now.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #75: Tue Nov  2 21:03:12 CET 1999