Ted Sikora wrote:

> During the night periodically my temp warning has been going off.
> I have it set to 118F. This happens only under FreeBSD. Linux continues
> to run cool at the old temperatures. Apparantly some code change has
> caused this. Does anyone know exactly where I should look?

The main difference is that Linux halts the cpu in the idle loop, we don't.
As a result the cpu is in a tight spin waiting for a process to become
scheduleable.  I have some patches half-done that I've been working on for
4.0 that should probably be able to be adapted to the 3.x series.

Cheers,
-Peter
--
Peter Wemm - [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]