In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Ed Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>: I have just upgraded my system to -current w/egcs 2.95.2 and I have
>: several problems with it, especially when using optimizations (-O2 and
>: such)
>
>Have you reported those problems to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>?  Bugs aren't
>very likely to get fixed if no one reports them.
>
>As for free alternatives--I don't think there are any, especially if
>you are looking for something "better" than the current GCC.  The
>various free C compilers I've seen over the years have been little
>better than toys.

That is *definitely* not true in the case of lcc.

lcc is a very well-thought-out compiler.

The good news is that lcc is *very* ANSI/ISO conformant.

The bad news is that lcc is *very* ANSI/ISO conformant.

The implication of the latter statement is that lcc will probably choke
on many of the gcc-specific extensions in the various FreeBSD system
include files.