On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 05:19:21PM -0500, Steve Ames wrote:

> Just read this article:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2440002,00.html
>
> Which leads to my potentially ignorant question: Where is FreeBSD
> w/regards to running on the Itanium (or other 64bit chips)?

FreeBSD runs very well on the Alpha, which is a 64 bit chip. There is
plenty of 'vapor silicon' (as opposed to vaporware) out there, but until
64 bit chips can be bought readily in the PC world the Alpha port is the 64
bit flagship.

--
Wilko Bulte                     Arnhem, The Netherlands
http://www.tcja.nl              The FreeBSD Project: http://www.freebsd.org