> Another point is that Open Source is virtually synonomous with "Totally
> undocumented". The linux community, years into it, are still totally
> dependent on Alan Cox to fix drivers properly (mostly because the OS is
> completely undocumented and changes are made on a whim regularly). D.

This is, not surprisingly, incorrect.  I'm mildly curious to know how
you arrived at this opinion, but only mildly.  I'm sure the list
cares even less.

Alan can be seen as a concentrator/reviewer for the 2.2.x line.
He actually authors a small percentage of the code that passes through
him to Linus.

fwiw.

> Becker continues to be the only one that can properly fix the ethernet
> drivers because they are such a mess and poorly documented.

And this is even more amusing, showing that you haven't really been
paying much attention recently :)

--
 zach