In the last episode (Jun 07), Alfred Perlstein said:
> Brech, Cary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [000607 10:33] wrote:
> > Lucent recently introduced a product that uses FreeBSD as its OS.
> > We are currently contemplating adding the ability to "Hot Swap" the
> > custom network interface cards we are developing for the next
> > release.  The question we have is does FreeBSD support the ability
> > to hot swap network interface cards?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your assistance!
>
> We can do pcmcia hot swap, but it gets hairy if the interface is
> in use, the interface should be 'downed' before removing afaik.

Or do you mean PCI hot-plug?  FreeBSD currently doesn't support
powering off PCI slots or re-probing the PCI bus after bootup, both of
which are required for hot-plug.  I don't know how hard it would be to
add, either.  You'll probably have to ask -hackers about that (cc and
reply-to reset there).

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]