On Mon, 31 May 1999, John Birrell wrote:

> Why build a kernel at all? The generic kernel should do that application
> just fine. Only build a custom kernel if you have a good reason to do
> so.

I somewhat agree.  A custom kernel is useful for setting up and tuning
parameters (e.g. softupdates); however, unlike Linux, we don't have a new
kernel every week to reconfigure.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jed...@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator         |  claimed they were one, and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.