In reply:
> On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Kip Macy wrote:
>
> > My employer has gone through numerous motherboards, we have found the ASUS
> > P2B (now the P2B-F) to be rock solid for Pentium II usage.
>
> This is probably more appropriate for -hardware or even just -chat..
> but anyway, I'll second that recommendation.  I've found the ASUS P2B
> series to be very solid.  I've also used many ATrend BX boards for
> Winblows95 boxes (simply because they were cheaper than the ASUS
> boards), and haven't had a bit of trouble with them.  YMMV.
>

> -- Chris Dillon - cdil...@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdil...@inter-linc.net
>    FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
>    For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
>    ( http://www.freebsd.org )
>
>    "One should admire Windows users.  It takes a great deal of
>     courage to trust Windows with your data."

don't leave out the tyan thunder2 and thunder100 boards.  the only
problem i even know of with the thunder2 is the sound chip still isn't
recognized, and the id codes pnp returns on the sound chip may differ
from board to board [others claim it works for them, but not here].

i have heard of no problems with the thunder100 board.

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or