On 27 Jul 1999 13:37:35 +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

>  <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/~des/software/grep-0.7.tar.gz>
>
> I move that we replace GNU grep in our source tree with this
> implementation, once it's been reviewed by all concerned parties.

When I committed the port (textproc/freegrep), Jamie assured me that
he'd keep me updated on the progress of his software. That was the last
I heard of it, and the port is still sitting at version 0.3 .

Version 0.3 broke port-building badly. Does version 0.7 make it through
a build of a whole stack of ports?

Ciao,
Sheldon.