"Brian F. Feldman" wrote:

> That reminds me. I'd like to see something like stat(1) go into the source
> tree, but only if it were freely licensed, not GPL-infected. I could do
> it in a day, I suppose, if it were worth it. Worth it is here defined as
> "would be accepted to go in usr.bin."

May I discreetly open a can of worms and remind everyone of a very
nice little utility one Matthew Dillon once offered for /bin? I
still think it's worth, and, as I recall, I wasn't the only one. (In
fact, I think I didn't even voice my opinion at the time...)

I'm talking about cpdup, which can be found in
http://www.backplane.com/FreeBSD/. Someone posted a port at the
time, but I don't know if anyone ever committed the port.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)
d...@newsguy.com

        "Is it true that you're a millionaire's son who never worked a day
in your life?"
        "Yeah, I guess so."
        "Lemme tell you, son, you ain't missed a thing."