Hi,

The reason I tend to suggest this is for portability and debugging
reasons. (Before and even since libevent came into existence.)

If you do it right, you can stub / inline out all of the wrapper
functions in userland and translate them to straight system or library
calls.

Anyway. I'm all for making kqueue better. I just worry that adding
little hacks here and there isn't the right way to do it. If you want
to guarantee specific behaviours with kqueue, you should likely define
how it should work in its entirety and see if it will cause
architectural difficulties down the track. Until that is done, I think
you have no excuse to get your code working as needed.

Don't blame kqueue because what (iirc) is not defined behaviour isn't
defined in a way that makes you happy :)

Adrian