* Seigo Tanimura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010416 03:25] wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 20:08:57 +0900,
>   Seigo Tanimura <tanimura> said:
>
> Alfred> Are these changes planned for integration?
>
> Seigo> Yes, but not very soon as there are a few kinds of works that should
> Seigo> be done.
>
> Seigo> One is that a directory vnode may be held as the working directory of
> Seigo> a process, in which case we should not reclaim the directory vnode.
>
> Seigo> Another is to determine how often namecache should be traversed to
> Seigo> reclaim how many directory vnodes. At this moment, namecache is
> (snip)
>
> Those pieces of work were done in the last weekend, and the patch at
>
> Seigo> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~tanimura/patches/vnrecycle.diff
>
> has been updated and now ready to commit.

There's actually a few style bugs in here:

pointers should be compared against NULL, not 0

using a bit more meaningful variable names would be nice:
+       struct nchashhead *ncpp;
+       struct namecache *ncp, *nnp, *ncpc, *nnpc;

I'm also wondering why you can't track the number of
nodes that ought to be cleaned, well, you do, but it doesn't
look like it's used:

+               numcachehv--;

+               numcachehv++;

then later:

+       if (vnodeallocs % vnoderecycleperiod == 0 &&
+           freevnodes < vnoderecycleminfreevn &&
+           vnoderecyclemintotalvn < numvnodes) {

shouldn't this be related to numcachehv somehow?

excuse me if i'm missing something obvious, i'm in desperate need
of sleep. :)

--
-Alfred Perlstein - [[EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Daemon News Magazine in your snail-mail! http://magazine.daemonnews.org/