On 07 May 2001 19:23:35 +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> Here's a patch that:
>
>  1) introduces the -x option, which makes opaque variables visible.
>
>  2) allows variables to be set without the -w option.
>
>  3) undocuments the now-superfluous -w option.

That would meet my needs.  Are you sure this is a better route than
allowing a "limiting parent node" to be specified along with -A and -a?
Seems to me that the latter would avoid introducing yet more options and
the functionality I'm proposing seems intuitive to me and Peter at
least. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.