On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Matt Dillon wrote:

>     I don't think this represents the biggest problem you would face,
>     though.  It is far more likely that hung or slow connections
>     (e.g. the originator goes away without disconnecting the socket
>     or the originator is on a slow link) will represent the biggest
>     potential problem.  It's too bad we can't 'swap out' socket buffers!

Even that wouldn't save you from running into address
space issues with the kernel, unless you replace all
pointers with other kinds of indices ... but that'll
probably make things messy.

regards,

Rik
--
Executive summary of a recent Microsoft press release:
   "we are concerned about the GNU General Public License (GPL)"

                http://www.surriel.com/
http://www.conectiva.com/       http://distro.conectiva.com/