Hello,

> Neither one of them hold a candle to the load CDROM.COM can handle.
> How about we import dg-ftpd instead?  I'm sure we'd all like to be
> able to support 1TB a day of data transferred...
Although it may be true (the cdrom.com load), the 1 TB per day stuff isn't
so mystic.

After changing from Linux to FreeBSD, my machine outperforms itself. My
daily record is above 750 GB with a single PIII-450 and with 1 GB RAM.

The best of all, that now I can handle more than 1500 concurrent FTP
clients and if the half of this number downloads the same file from the
same SCSI disk, the system does not slow down, like with Linux. It easily
saturates the Intel Etherexpress NIC (100 Mbps).

My dream is a complete *BSD mirror on it, but until that I have to find
many-many sponsors (in Hungary OpenSource seems to be very widespread, but
very few firms sponsor sites, like this, ftp.fsn.hu)...

ps: I am using the standard FTP daemon with inetd (I don't know how to set
a max userlimit when running in daemon mode correctly).

Thanks for all of you for this great OS!