Terry Lambert writes:
 > Jonathan Lemon wrote:
 > > >I'm trying to use the TCP&IP checksum offload capability of the Netgear
 > > >GA620 NIC from a SMP FreeBSD 4.2R system running on a typical PIII SBC.
<..>

 > He didn't say his packet size, either.
 >
 > To the original poster: if you are sending jumbograms, the
 > buffer size on these cards is limited, so the entire packet
 > can't be in the card buffer at the same time, which means
 > that you can not offload the send checksum for jumbograms,
 > only for regular sized packets.

This is an Alteon Tigon-2 (ti driver) based card with 512K of sram on board.
It has plenty of space for offloading transmit checksums on jumbo frames.

Perhaps you're thinking of the DP83820/DP83821 (nge driver), which
cannot compute the checksum on an outgoing frame unless it fits in the
8K tx fifo.  I think NetGear sells a card with a similar name (GA622T)
based around this chip.

Drew