On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 06:57:37PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Stijn Hoop writes:
> >On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 09:41:15AM -0700, Nate Williams wrote:
> >> A FreeBSD 1.X CVS tree has been found, which has it's first import as
> >> 386BSD 0.1 + PK 024.  There are a couple minor points that need to be
> >> clarified from Caldera before it can be made public.
> >
> >Just curious, but will this be folded in the main CVS tree, or will it be
> >available as a separate tree/cvsup dist? I'd imagine that the CVS hackery
> >needed to implement the former takes a lot of time...
>
> It will not be folded in.
>
> But if somebody were into a _real_ tour de force of history, they
> would try to slurp all of the "true" UNIX's into a joint tree now,
> CVS is probably not up to it, but perforce might be.
>
> now _THAT_ would be usable history online... :-)

Not to mention an incredably cool and insane job at the same time! (but
I'm not applying :)

Points noted, I'm anxious to see the code, whether as a port or something
else. To Caldera, a compliment in advance: thanks for letting this piece of
history get out!

--Stijn

--
Q: Why is Batman better than Bill Gates?