On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 02:30:54PM +0200, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sent this to -questions a week ago, got no response, so I'm asking
> again here: is it possible to run VMware 3 on -STABLE? If so, how?
> I noticed there is no port like there is for VMware 2, so that's
> why I'm asking.

It's possible, but as far as I know no-one's unravelled the vmware3
install script yet.  The vmware3 binary run, but complains that
it's not got a valid configuration file.  That file I believe is
written by the install script which is a shell script that knows
about all things linux, but about no things FreeBSD.

If you'd like to work on this please get in touch with me off list.

Joe
--
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert