On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 04:30:30PM +0200, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > This is purely speculation as to how USB devices might be handled.
>
> Maybe someone more in the know can port the usbdevfs (as an aside, is
> that a Linuxism? Why not use a standard devfs?)

usbdevfs is a Linuxism.  devfs's semantics are totally different.

Porting it would allow Linux native applications, such as VMware and
Linux-compiled userland USB drivers, to operate under FreeBSD. It would
also mean that proprietary USB devices could be operated within guest
operating systems, and perhaps reverse engineered more easily.

I think this is one of the things Joe was driving at.

BMS