On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 12:37:47PM +0200, Mark Santcroos wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 09:20:12AM +0100, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> > Having said that though, I have had 3.0 running as well as 2.0, under
>                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Can you elaborate a bit more please? Probably your definition of 'running'
> is less strict than mine.

As in, just dumped the executables onto the box, and had it run - I haven't
attempted to run any guest OSes yet. The USB functionality looks like it's
going to need either a userland ELF redirection (via the LD_PRELOAD
mechanism) to 'pretend' to field Linux usdevfs requests. Either that or we're
going to need to port (hack, spit) usbdevfs. The userland solution is
probably quicker to punt out and code (map open/ioctl and other syscalls,
match by path, onto /dev/ugen*) than porting usbdevfs.

Joe Karthausen is talking about making this a project (porting 3.1). Less
talk more rock? :-)

BMS