Josef Karthauser wrote:
On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 12:05:37PM -0800, Darren Pilgrim wrote:

I have a USB hub that's built into my Viewsonic PT775 monitor. The hub probes during boot and post-boot attach as follows:

When the hub is disconnected, whether by unplugging it or turning
off the monitor, I get a panic in 4.7p3 if there are no devices connected to the hub's downstream ports.

<mass snip>

Would this PR be related? http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/45579
I'm not sure? I didn't have anything running, that I could tell, that would have had the uhub device open. The machine was sitting idle at the login prompt. If someone would like to point me at a list of what I need to do to produce useful debugging information, I'll gladly do so.
There are a number of brokenisms in the USB stack in -stable.  As to
whether they will get fixed or not is a matter of whether anyone has the
time to MFC the USB stack from -current or not.  It's much better over
there, and I've already merged the framework to make it easier to MFC,
but it is very unlikely that I will be attempting the work myself as I
don't use USB on -stable myself.
So the problem I'm having is a known issue when detaching a uhub device, then?