Julian Elischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Ok so we'll have to miss 4.8. Does making it work for PAM allow it to
> work for ssh?

I don't understand what you mean - PAM already supports password
expiry and changing, so it should work for console logins at least
(though to be honest I never tested it very thoroughly).  The problem
with ssh is that password changing is supposed to happen at a later
point than authentication, and the way the monitor currently works
makes it very awkward to implement.  For PAM, I can probably cheat by
pretending that password changing is part of the authentication
procedure (which it normally isn't in ssh), but it'll only work for
ssh2 since the ssh1 challenge-response mechanism doesn't allow
multiple challenges.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - [EMAIL PROTECTED]