Julian Elischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I've received a few reports from teh field that password aging
> with ssh in 4.7 and 4.8RC is broken.

Recent versions of OpenSSH do not support prompting the user for a new
password.  I haven't tested it, but I think users with expired
passwords will simply be locked out.

> Is there anyone out there that is using passwork expiry
> and ssh? Who's the expert?

In the FreeBSD community, that would be me.

> How does PAM come into this?

It doesn't, really.  It's a privsep problem + the fact that some of
the pertinent code has been disabled and / or left unimplemented
because it wouldn't work with privsep (so turning privsep off won't
help).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - [EMAIL PROTECTED]