Julian Elischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> The other thing they are on about is "3 tries and you are out" password
> lockouts. /usr/src/contrib/libpam/modules/pam_tally.c is what they want.
> We're trying to 'resurect' it and see if it still works with 4.8.
> is there a similar file for the new PAM code?

No, but I'll probably write one soon as it will allow us to claim that
FreeBSD fulfills the CAPP requirements for authentication strength.

> Are old and new PAM modules in any way compatible? If we wrote one that
> ran on 4.x would we be able to continue to run int (even with a
> recompile) when we switch to 5.3?

Depends on how carefully you write it.  The reverse (that a module
written for 5.x will work on 4.x with minimal modifications) is more
likely to be true.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - [EMAIL PROTECTED]