On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Coleman Kane wrote:

On 2/15/07, Alexander Leidinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Quoting Olivier Warin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (from Wed, 14 Feb 2007
19:54:09 +0100):

> This issue is not only related to portupgrade, pkg_add a new port takes
> far too long now... and make index each time I upgrade my ports is
> awfull too.

Regarding "make index": try "make fetchindex" right after the cvsup.
IT may not be up to the point with the cvsupped stuff, but not far off.

Bye,
Alexander.

I don't think we who use the modular X.org tree can do this since a number
of the ports won't be properly registered in the file (or am I off-base
here?).
--
Coleman

Heh, that is a serious problem considering that modular Xorg would probably at
max add about 100 ~ 150~some packages to the portage tree, depending on how
things are done.

-Garrett