The eth0 line in log: we rename our NICs to be ethX (via "iconfig em0 name eth0"). That line is just one of the copper NICs coming up.

Info on the card -- model number (EXPi9404PFBLK), chipset (dual 82571 GB chips). Here's the Intel page:

http://www.intel.com/Products/Server/Adapters/PRO1000PF-QuadPort/PRO1000PF-QuadPort-overview.htm

Is this what you were expecting? We can also work on booting into 8.1 64bit.

Thanks much,

Charles